Although not yet complete, the duckling's bedroom has almost shed its former identity as a furniture graveyard and is now a little more than halfway complete. Yesterday I wrote about the duckling's new tent (and the fact that he has decorated the interior without me). His interest in the look of his room ended up extending past the confines of his indoor tent and overruled my original plan for his room, which was something a little more light and airy, but I decided to go with his interest in a space and adventure theme since, after all, it is his room. Here's a source guide for his in-progress bedroom in case you're interested.
1. Yellow Eyeball Sconces from Urban Outfitters
2. Original Moon Cycle Poster is Vintage, Similar Moon Cycle Poster from National Geographic
3. Star Pillow Shams from Pottery Barn Kids
4. Original Duvet Cover from Pottery Barn Kids No Longer Available, Similar Duvet from Land of Nod
5. "Big Shadow, Little Boy" Print 16" x 16" from Art.com, frame from amazon.com
I made the headboard myself in the same way I made our headboard, only using this fabric instead. Here's a link to the headboard instructions. Through the doorway you can see the DIY dry erase dresser I made for the birdie (as well as the awful yellow hallway we haven't gotten around to painting yet).
Ps - if you follow me on instagram, you may have seen my post of the restaurant that, eight years ago today, I went to on my last first date. That means that eight years ago today I also told this lie to my now husband.
Tent instructions to imminently follow as promised. Until then, have a great weekend xoxo